Diplomat Sales Program
We serve diplomats and diplomatic organizations in need of vehicles for personal or official use.
Benefits of the program:
- A new Volvo for your official or personal use ordered exactly to your specification.
- Significant savings through diplomatic pricing.
- Owning a Volvo of US specification that you can drive while abroad and take home for final use in the US...or...
- Owning a Volvo of your home country specification that you can drive in the United States and then take home (right-hand steering, diesel, etc.).
- Access to diplomatic vehicle option packages and single option ordering.
- Worldwide warranty recognition.
- Tax exempt status (when qualified through your organization).
How can the program work for me?
- Your embassy or diplomatic organization would like a Volvo for its official use.
- You are a foreign diplomat living in the United States and are moving home at the end of your assignment. You order a Volvo of your home country specification and take it with you when you go home.
- You are a US diplomat living abroad and are moving back to the US. You order a US specification vehicle that you can take delivery of abroad or in America.
- You are a foreign diplomat living in America and want to order two Volvos during your assignment in America. You order a United States specification vehicle for use during your time here and sell it before you leave. You order another Volvo of your home country specification approximately a year prior to moving and take that vehicle home.
How do I order a car through the program?
You can visit us in person or complete an order remotely by phone and/or email. Customers typically use the Volvo website tools to design a car exactly as they would like and then send that to us. We use that to put pricing and an order form together. Once an order is submitted, it takes approximately four months to be delivered.
Anyone carrying a diplomatic visa, for example:
- Embassy Ambassadors and staff
- United Nations and its agencies (main org, UNESCO, UNHCR, ITU, WCO, IMF, WFP, WHO, World Bank, UNCCD, UNFCCC, etc.)
- Intergovernmental organizations such as NATO, OSCE, OECD, ICC, etc.
- Organization of American States
- Pan American Health Organization